Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Hierarchical & Functional Links
Based in Afrin Facility, the Paediatrician is under the line management of the PHC Doctor Team Leader.
Status: Fixed-Term Contract(until 31.03.2024)
Expected Starting Date: ASAP
Knowledge & Qualification
- Bachelor's degree in Human Medicine, specialized in Paediatrics.
- Desirable one year of previous experience in medical NGO’s
- Required: Arabic (oral and written)
- Preferred: Turksih/English/Kurdish
IT & Equipment
- Good proficiency with Microsoft package
- Desire to develop their own abilities.
Closeness to Beneficiaries
- Experience in dealing with patients Kindly.
Communication & Information Flow
- High level in communication skills with patients.
Skills and Qualities Required:
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
- Paediatrician will be responsible to check all patients depending on DDD Treatment protocol .
- Filling DHIS forms and / or medical papers
- Other related tasks
Paediatrician will be responsible to check all patients depending on DDD Treatment protocol
- Check all pediatric patients in DDD clinics and treat them depending on MDM treatment protocol
- Referring all cases that require secondary services, such as hospital admission and nutrition cases
- Dealing with emergency cases for children and manage them well .
- Inform team leader about any Alert cases depending on Ewarn definition
- Explain to patients about the diagnosis and treatments
- Ensure that patient privacy and confidentiality are respected
Filling medical papers
- Filling DDD files depending on direct line explanation
- Write the treatment on prescription depending on direct line recommendation
- Filling DHIS forms, tally sheets forms, outpatient’s form, referral forms, referral registration and daily morbidity
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract.
Other related tasks
- Any other related DDD tasks as assigned by supervisor/line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
How to Apply:
Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website
Closure Date: 15.02.2024
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.