Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Hierarchical & Functional Links
Based in Jalma, the Pediatrician is under the line management of the Team leader-Jalma.
Knowledge & Qualification
· Medicine Doctor certificate with specialization in paediatrics or 2 years at least residency in paediatrics.
· Two years at least in the same position.
· Required: Arabic (oral and written).
· Preferred: English.
IT & Equipment
· Good proficiency with Microsoft package
· Skills and Qualities required:
· Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts.
· Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts.
· Familiar with multicultural environment.
· Technical Duties.
· Filling the medical paper and electronic documents
· Capacity building.
· Participate in outside-clinic responses.
· Other related tasks
· Check all children under 12 years' old and treat them depending on DDD treatment protocols.
· Inform team leader about any alert cases depending on EWARN definition.
· Explain to child parents about the diagnosis and treatment.
· Ensure that patient privacy and confidentiality are respected.
Filling the medical solid and electronic documents
· Filling DDD files depending on direct line explanation.
· Filling tally sheets forms, out-patients forms, referral forms, referral registration and daily morbidity.
· Building other PHC doctors capacity belonging to child sessional and epidemic morbidities.
Participate in outside-clinic response.
· Participate in emergency responses and mobile clinics when requested.
· Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract.
Other related tasks
· Any other related DDD tasks as assigned by supervisor/line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: Considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
How to Apply:
Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website
Closure Date: 18.02.2024
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.