Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Hierarchical & Functional Links
Based in Hatay/Antakya Office (frequesnt visits inside Syria for Idlib and Afrin regions), the Pharmacy Manager is under the line management of the Supply Chain Manager and technically will be supervised by Medical Coordinator
· Warehouse supervisors
Status: Fixed-Term Contract
Expected Starting Date: 09.03.2024
Knowledge & Qualification
· Certified Pharmacy degree
· 4-5 years’ experience as pharmacist
· 2 year of pharmacy management with NGOs
· Required: Fluency in Arabic and very good in English
IT & Equipment
· Good proficiency with Microsoft package
General Qualities required:
· Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
· Strong communication skills
· Stock management
· Pharmacy supervision visit.
· Need Request process
· Cross Border to Syria
· Other related tasks
· Managing the medical stock using specific tools (Saga stock).
· Data entry of consumption sheets on weekly basis and closely follow up the available stock in warehouse and clinics.
· Closely follow up the threshold stock in the warehouse and alert medical manager Syria.
· In charge of the monthly medical inventory (physical counts). Ensure that all items are well organized and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
· Ensure that the pharmacy refrigerator, warehouse monitoring devices (thermometer, log tag, others) are functioning properly, and alert the logistics if there is any problem.
· By delegation of the pharmacy manager can be in link with the supplier for technical questions.
· Manage and supervise pharmacists, pharmacist assistants, warehouse supervisor, and warehouse assistant.
· Regular supervision visits to the warehouses and clinics
· Identify the training needs of the pharma team, conduct the trainings, follow up and evaluations.
· Train the staff directly in the field, when it is necessary
· Evaluate the competency of the pharma team based in the warehouse and the clinics and build their capacity accordingly with the support and guidance of the pharmacy manager.
· Implement Monthly staff meetings for the pharma team.
· Participate in the recruitment process of the pharmacist assistants.
· Report any HR issues to the medical manager Syria.
· Follow up any needs of the Health Facilities.
· Manage the stock internal reallocations and the stock shifting between the warehouses.
Need Request Process
· Comparing the needs requests with DDD standard lists and highlighting the technical issues.
· Maintaining track record of health facilities needs requests and analysing the monthly needs.
· Identify and provide trainings on pharmacy management to DDD pharma partners’ team if needed.
· Identify and provide trainings on pharmacy management to partners pharma team in coordination with medical manager partners
· Providing weekly update to the team during program meetings.
· Providing reports on supervision visits.
· Submitting monthly report in terms of detailed items (shipments, consumption) to the Medical coordınator Syria.
· Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract.
· Keep DDD team informed on any issues related to logistics or pharmacy.
· Supporting operational organization of field trips and DDD programs/activities
· Translate verbally and by written when necessary.
· Participate to internal meetings.
· Any other related DDD tasks as assigned by supervisor/line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: Considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
How to Apply:
Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website
Closure Date: 29.02.2024
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.