**Dünya Doktorları Derneği**
Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
**Hierarchical & Functional links**
Based in North West Syria(Idlib or Afrin), or based in Turkiye(Hatay) with cross border visits to NWS; MHPSS Manager works under the line management of the Programme
*Please note that the position can be either based in Turkiye, Hatay or Northwest Syria Afrin or Idlib. Interested candidates need to specify their preference location in the cover letter.*
**Status** Fixed-Term Contract (with possible extension)
**Expected Starting date** ASAP
Knowledge & Qualification**
- University degree or equivalent level in social sciences, sociology, psychology or public health disciplines or similar.
- At least 3 years of significant experience in similar positions and/or in the humanitarian aid sector;
- Knowledge of the Syrian crisis and humanitarian context;
- Experience working on MHPSS mainstreaming is essential;
- Experience working on GBV programming is essential;
- Strong knowledge about inclusion programming, including gender equality, and inclusion of persons with disabilities and older persons.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in training and capacity-building.
- Required: English & Arabic (oral and written)
**General Qualities Required:**
- Analytical thinking to evaluate different approaches/solutions for a specific environment;
- Ability and flexibility to understand the cultural and political environment;
- Ability to seek, collect, and critically analyses data and information needed to achieve the tasks;
- Listening skills;
- Written and spoken communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills and able to communicate with people at all levels;
- Ability to work with a team as well as to work independently;
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Organisation, planning and prioritising abilities;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
- Programming of MHPSS activities
- Technical oversight of MHPSS teams
- Coordination with services and relevant partners
- Coordination, representation related to MHPSS
- Organizational Development
- Other duties
Programming of MHPSS activities**
- Mainstream MHPSS guidelines across DDD programming;
- Support and guide DDD Syria program team to ensure MHPSS actions are standardized across the organization;
- Develop MHPSS guidelines following international standards and ensuring that they are effectively understood and implemented by Syria program team in the field;
- Work closely with the MHPSS teams, Medical teams, and Field Coordinator to provide technical guidance in MHPSS mainstreaming;
- Support Medical and MHPSS teams to ensure that protection referral mechanisms are implemented in all DDD health facilities, according to inter-agency pathways defined by Protection Cluster;
- Work closely with Medical and MHPSS teams to improve service provision for Gender Based Violence survivors in DDD primary health care centers;
- Work closely with MEAL department to ensure that quality needs assessments are conducted;
- Work closely with MEAL Department to improve accountability practices implemented in the field, focusing on review of Complaints and Feedback Mechanism;
- Ensure, in line with DDD internal rules and regulations, that donor regulations and international humanitarian standard (such as SPHERE) are applied during the management of the activities;
- Conduct cross-border field visits to assess program quality and progress toward objectives, provide trainings, facilitate collective problem solving with staff and other stakeholders to address challenges;
- Monitor the risks and threats around the project(s), documenting the situation and analyzing the consequences of political decisions and share with the team in a timely manner;
- Assess coordination and field team’s skills and knowledge related to MHPSS mainstreaming, prepare a capacity building plan and provide ongoing trainings and technical support to the teams;
- Promote age, gender and diversity sensitive approaches into the program activities;
- Lead the planning and oversee MHPSS program activities in the project area, in coordination with MHPSS Coordinator and Field Coordinators, ensuring activities respond to MHPSS standards, are meaningful for the needs of the population, culturally appropriate;
- Provide technical leadership to the MHPSS field teams, and be the technical referent for MHPSS supervisors of Syria field teams;
- Create and update job profiles of MHPSS staff and participate actively in recruitment processes;
- Lead regular technical meetings of field teams and ensure adequate communication flow among team and with coordination on all matters relevant to the delivery of Protection and MHPSS services;
- Ensure good communication among team is in place, and internal referral paths are established, in order to provide client-centered care;
**Coordination, Representation and Partnerships**
- Represent DDD and ensure good relations with all stakeholders;
- Participate in relevant technical coordination meetings and working groups;
- Participate in communication with relevant partners to highlight the needs and issues affecting the well-being and access to rights of refugee communities in NW Syria;
- Advocate for mental health initiatives; develop partnerships that can increase the reach and scope of MHPSS service delivery;
- Prepare MHPSS actors service mapping in areas of intervention;
**Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting**
- Ensure that all data are disaggregated by sex and age, in order to develop profiles on the different needs and realities of women, girls, boys and men, for reporting and analysis purposes;
- Regular follow up on data collection and making sure of monitoring tools and satisfaction surveys are collected regularly
- Based on the on-going monitoring of the activities, ensure lessons learnt and success stories from the project are documented.
- Provide technical input for reports;
- Prepare regular updates and reports on activities and progress made;
- Ensure analysis of data and produce monthly data and narrative reports of activities, and other reports as necessary;
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract;
- Provide technical input for donor proposals and reports;
- The design, promotion and elaboration of new interventions at Syria Program level, ensuring MHPSS mainstreaming;
- Stimulate and maintain active exchange of MHPSS information within the region on useful news, publications, tools, best practices and lessons learned.
- Do business travel whenever needed and requested
- Cross-border visits to Syria
- Participate in the team meetings;
- Assist in any other tasks related to the position, as required by line manager
**Compliance & Ethics**
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
**Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse**
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
**NB:** *considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.*
*Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.*
**How to apply:**
Please apply with your **CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH** through our website
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.