Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Hierarchical & Functional Links
Based in Idlib(Al Doaa), Community Health Worker is under the line management of the Team Leader & technically CHW Manager.
· University degree in social work, psychology or related field, or significant relevant experience
· At least 2 years of professional experience as a social/case worker/Community Health Worker, an experience in providing basic psychosocial support services.
· Previous experience working with displaced people or refugees in camps.
Personal skills required:
· List of personal qualities required for the position, such as (not exhaustive):
· Diplomacy, good communication and interpersonal skills,
· Multi-cultural flexibility or experience, Team Player,
· Calm, stress management, patient,
· Strong sense of integrity
· A genuine interest in people and the promotion of mental health and psychosocial well-being of displaced communities.
· Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
· Committed to DDD principles.
· Ability to work within a multicultural team and with diverse populations.
· Flexibility, ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Punctual, honest, reliable and eager to develop new skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (Scope of responsibility)
The Community Health Workers will conduct the initial assessments using the clinical intake form and based on their assessment they either refer the beneficiary up to the psychologist or continue providing individual PSS support. In addition, when a beneficiary is to be case-managed by DDD, case-managers become the beneficiary’s go to person by providing routine follow up, work on such matters as family dynamics when needed, connect beneficiaries to other needed services, and ensure as much as possible their social integration.
· Assess the beneficiaries needs and concerns, considering their family and community resources and their internal strengths.
· Consider if the beneficiary can be taken under the MHPSS case management model or should be referred to an external agency/ stakeholder.
· Establish a “beneficiary initial care plan” according to the information assessed and refers to the DDD services.
· Conduction of regular home visits and monitor the beneficiary’s mental health and psychosocial condition progress and makes the link between the beneficiary and the other supports existing in the environment to enhance his/her resiliency.
· Establish short-term goals and include steps to address safety and immediate family stability.
· Serve as a client Advocate.
· Evaluate client satisfaction and quality of care provided.
· Conduct a last home visit follow up and to fill a discharge form for the case closure.
· Provide regular reporting on your activities to your Line-Manager upon his/her solicitation.
· Provide your line-manager with a Handover Report at the end of your contract.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to Apply:
Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
Closure Date: 31.01.2024
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.