Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Derneği (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Hierarchical & Functional Links
Based in Istanbul, the IT assistant will work under the responsibility of the Logistics Coordinator.
Status Fixed-Term Contract (with possible extension)
Expected Starting Date ASAP
Knowledge & Qualification & Experience
- Academic Background in Computer Science or related Subject
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience at similar or equivalent positions
- Required: Turkish and English (oral and written)
IT & Equipment
- Programming skills
- Good proficiency with OS operating systems and Microsoft package.
General Qualities Required:
- Sense of diplomacy and ability to resolve conflicts
- Stress tolerance and ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment
- Maintain firewall \ network \ active directory etc.
- Maintain \ follow up on software used by different departments.
- Support staff with IT related issues.
- Setup new computers with standard software.
- Any other IT related matters.
- Making sure that DDD’s servers, firewalls, files back solution, and networks are functioning and in safe condition.
- Make sure that domain and other software contracts are followed up, maintained and functioning properly.
- Assess offices’ networks, firewalls, devices, printers etc. to determine if they are in need for maintenance or replacement.
- Maintain firewall and assign IP topology for all networks in DDD offices.
- Advise \ technically approve IT purchases.
- Standardize specifications of equipment.
- Setup new laptops with standard software.
- Setup remote access software to support staff with IT related issues in all DDD offices.
- Assist in any other tasks related to the position, as required by DDD Management.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: Considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
*Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.*
How to Apply:
Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.