Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Idlib, the Pharmacist is under the line management PHC Doctor Team Leader.
Status: Fixed-Term Contract
Expected Starting Date: ASAP
Knowledge & Qualification
· Pharmacy certificate
· 3 year work with other NGOs
· Required: Arabic (oral and written)
· Preferred: English
IT & Equipment
· Good proficiency with Microsoft package
General Qualities Required:
· Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
· Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
· Familiar with multicultural environment;
· Stock Management and Quality Control
· Other related tasks
· Dispense prescription medication or consumables to patient;
· Gathers, organises, and assesses patient information;
· Supplies patient with the medication prescribed by the doctors from DDD facility;
· Supplies nurses with consumables;
· Provide patients with information and education on their prescriptions;
· Monitors prescription-filling process to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and pharmacy policies;
· Liaises with healthcare providers and patients to obtain correct prescription information;
Stock Management and Quality Control
· Provide the team with the technical specifications of pharmaceutical items received from supplier(s);
· In close coordination with the Pharmacy Manager, control the quality of the medical items received from supplier(s) (e.g. expiry dates, packing conditions, manufacturer, country of origin, etc.) and report any discrepancy to the Facility Manager;
· Manage DDD pharmaceutical stock using specific tools (Saga stock/other stock management software);
· Monitor the quality of storage and transportation conditions of the medical items of DDD stock as per good distribution and storage practices (GDSP) standards with particular attention to the items requiring cold chain (if any);
· Alert the Pharmacy manager and the Field Coordinator in case any issues identified;
· Conduct inventory (physical counts) of the pharmaceutical stock in agreed period;
· In close coordination with DDD Pharmacy manager maintain track record of the types and quantities of supplies provided and contribute to the consumption analysis;
· Support DDD Pharmacy manager in developing and/or adapting tools for pharmaceutical stock management;
· In close coordination with DDD Logistic, update the pharmacy management assessment, whenever required;
· Contribute to the technical assessment of any tender or quotations’ requests related to purchase, storage and transportation of pharmaceutical supplies;
· Update SAGA stock (or other stock management software),
· Fill/Update the daily and weekly consumption sheets and send it on weekly basis – and when needed – to the health facility team leader. Highlighting any changes in consumption, and raise flags for any potential shortages especially for the essential list of medications.
· Provide a monthly backup together with the monthly reports including data on deliveries’ follow-up, drugs consumption and any other relevant information;
· Issue analytical reports on a regular basis, as needed;
· Provide weekly updates to the team during the team meetings;
· Keep DDD team informed on any issues related to pharmaceutical aspects;
· Provide regular reporting on her/his activities to the line manager upon request;
· Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract;
Other position related tasks
· Participate in any specialised responses, as requested by DDD.
· Participate in external meetings whenever requested by line manager or technical referent;
· Participate in internal work meetings and inform DDD team on logistic issues;
· Report any security related issues to the line manager;
· Support operational organisation of field trips and DDD activities;
· Any other relevant duties requested by the line manager or technical referent.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to Apply:
Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.