Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Idlib(Al Doaa), the Psychosocial Worker is under the line management of the Team Leader.
Status: Fixed-Term Contract
Expected Starting Date: ASAP
Knowledge & Qualification
· High school
· Psychology degree: preferred
· 2 years in same position with other NGOs
· Required: Arabic (oral and written)
· Preferred: English
IT & Equipment
· Good proficiency with Microsoft package
Skills and Qualities required:
· Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts.
· Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts.
· Familiar with multicultural environment.
· Implement the principles of case management mechanisms.
· Reports and monitoring data tools
· Representation, meetings, and safety
· Confidentiality and teamwork
· Other related tasks
Implement the principles of case management mechanisms:
· Abide by and promote DDD’s code of conduct, vision, and values, aims & objectives.
· Engage with beneficiaries on a daily bases in a respectful manner.
· Identifying and helping beneficiaries needs, identifying priorities and helping them meet these needs through referring them to service providers “Whether it is internal or external”.
· Carry out case management (including follow up on referrals and action plans) in accordance with DDD strategy.
· Evaluating the consultancy needs of beneficiaries by considering the social conditions in which they live and focusing on the needs of vulnerable groups.
· Manage individual cases and update case files on individual developments, including maintaining strict protocols for confidentiality and consent, and ensuring beneficiary data is protected.
· Cooperation, communication and coordination with psychologists and help them at sometimes.
· Conduct mapping of services on mental health and psychosocial support services provided by public and private aid actors in the region.
· Updating relevant databases on referrals and feedback.
· Participate in the post-assistance monitoring.
· Understand and follow up on activities, provide solutions and report issues when needed.
· Conduction of regular home visits and monitor the beneficiary’s mental health and psychosocial condition progress and makes the link between the beneficiary and the other supports existing in the environment to enhance his/her resiliency.
· Establish short-term goals and include steps to address safety and immediate family stability.
· Evaluate client satisfaction and quality of care provided.
· Conduct a last home visit follow up and to fill a discharge form for the case closure.
· Participate in the planning, coordination and implementation of activities in close cooperation with MHPSS coordinator.
· Assist and train people in order to enhance the scope of MHPSS activities.
· Assist MHPSS coordinator in planning, development and design training materials.
· Support MHPSS coordinator to set up the materials linked to the MHPSS services.
· The MHPSS manager has the right to appoint any of the team members to conduct extra tasks related to the team's capacity building such as providing training to other teams of DDD or other partners, even if the training would take place in other areas.
Reports and monitoring data tools
· Ensure and update the statistical MHPSS tools and monitoring data about mental health activities.
· Assist in the preparation of the monthly analysis of MHPSS data in regard to the clinical job.
· Inform the MHPSS Coordinator and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution.
· Any extra tasks that would aim at improving the work mechanism and adapted strategies.
Representation, meetings and safety
· If requested by the MHPSS coordinator in some activities.
· Participate to the DDD meetings.
· Pass on relevant information relating to the field of activity of DDD and the context.
Confidentiality and teamwork
· Ensure that all patient information is kept confidential (files, data).
· Contributes to work in interdisciplinary team (psychiatrist, Case manager, doctors, nurses).
· Availability for emergencies
· Has a general understanding of the association, its functioning, structure and values.
· Is aware of DDD objectives and activities in general and in the working context.
· Participates actively in meetings and trainings.
· Report any safety issues involving patients immediately to Mental Health Supervisor.
· Any other related DDD tasks as assigned by supervisor/line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to Apply:
Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website
Closure Date: 31.01.2024
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.