Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Hierarchical & Functional Links
Based in Hatay, the Health Mediator is under the line management of Team Leader Doctor and Field Manager.
Status: Fixed-Term Contract
Expected Starting Date: ASAP
Education & Qualification
· A degree in midwifery, nursery or health management(university or high school degree)
· Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or the relevant education field.
· 1-2 years of experience in a similar setting. (either per or post-graduation)
Skills & Qualities Required
· Familiar with international NGO culture or multicultural environment;
· Proactive, adaptable and capacity to take initiatives;
· Good Computer skills;
· Ability to work independently, take the initiative and take responsibility
· Resilience to stress;
· Required: Arabic and/or Turkish
· Preferred: English (huge asset)
General Qualities Required:
· Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
· Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
· Familiar with multicultural environment;
· Outreach Health Awareness raising and Support.
· Other Duties
Outreach Health Awareness Raising & Support
· Develop health awareness messages and empower individuals, groups and organisations on healthy choices; will be responsible for all materials used during sessions.
· Perform outreach field visit and individuals visits in collaboration with the medical and case worker team for highly vulnerable population.
· Conduct individual and group sessions to disseminate the health awareness raising messages to the community.
· Develop and support targeted people to broaden the local response to health inequalities;
· Work for increased recognition of preventative and promotional measures that can take place at a population level and which have a positive impact on the health of a community;
· Coordinate with other stakeholders working on the same area; Ensure that work is underpinned by sound, up-to-date knowledge of health promotion theory and make sure that projects are based on evidence of effectiveness;
· Conduct the referral mechanism of the MMU(Mobile Medical Unit);
· Propose initiative to improve awareness and behaviour change methods;
· Work with the PHC Doctor, Nurse and SRH Counsellor(mobile medical team) to set weekly plans of the awareness messages according to a coordination effort by the health team to meet the target population needs and requirements.
· If needed and upon the line manager request, conduct a quick health/case screening (questionnaire based) according to DDD vulnerable criteria and refer who meet the criteria to the relevant staff/area.
· Collect data, indicators, surveys and assessments according to the mission’s needs, as requested by the PHC Doctor or Field Manager/Coordinator, and provide input on analysis;
· Provide regular reporting on her/his activities to the line manager upon solicitation;
· Provide mission report and/or handover document at the end of the contract.
· Participate in internal work meetings and inform DDD team on logistic issues;
· Report any security related issues to the line manager;
· Respect the privacy of the patients and the confidentiality;
· Any other relevant duties requested by the line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to Apply:
Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website
Closure Date: 15.02.2024
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.